With the increasing rates during recent days, the raw prices could be very soon heading toward new bottom range VND65k-70k/kg which we mentioned in last update. We saw that local prices always moved faster than the export prices. And in these situations, the exporters who are in positions to cover, are suffering the difference of fluctuations.
Vietnam has approximately 150k hectares of pepper plantations and plans to cut down 25% due to the decline of pepper prices. This probably happens in next 2-3 years when pest-damaged pepper farms are not re-cultivated but alternated by other trees.
Export prices today are ranging (subject to re-confirmation):
- VBP 500 FAQ @ 2950 - 3000 USD/mt
- VBP 500 Spiral Cleaned @ 3100 - 3150 USD/mt
- VBP 550 FAQ @ 3075 - 3125 USD/mt
- VBP 550 Spiral Cleaned @ 3200 - 3250 USD/mt
- VBP 570 ASTA @ 3250 - 3300 USD/mt
- VBP 5MM Bold @ 3450 - 3500 USD/mt
- VWP DW @ 4750 - 4800 USD/mt